Erasmus Mundus Grants
Under the Erasmus+ Key Action 1 Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degrees, the European Union Commission offers scholarships to selected, highly qualified applicants for the EMGS programme. These scholarships cover all tuition fees and include a single travel allowance between €1,000 and €3,000 (depending on the country of origin) as well as a living allowance of €1,000 per month and basic medical coverage.
For the incoming cohorts of 2020, 2021, and 2022, a total of 11 scholarships will be provided to nationals from Erasmus partner countries and 4 scholarships for nationals from Erasmus programme countries per year.
Additionally, up to 8 scholarships for applicants from the following regions will also be provided:
- 1 scholarship for nationals from African, Caribbean and Pacific (ACP) countries
- 1 scholarship for nationals from European Neighbourhood Policy ENI South countries (Algeria, Egypt, Israel, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Palestine, Syria, Tunesia)
- 2 scholarships for nationals from the following Asian countries: Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar and Nepal
- 1 scholarship for nationals from Kazakhstan and Turkmenistan
- 1 scholarship for nationals from Brazil and Mexico
- 2 scholarships for nationals from the following South American countries (Argentina, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cuba, Ecuador, Panama, Peru and Venezuela)
- 1 scholarship for nationals from Western Balkans countries (Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Kosovo and Montenegro)
(For non–Erasmus Mundus scholarship holders only; does not cover tuition or insurance)
Students who do not receive an Erasmus Mundus scholarship and study at the universities in Ghent, Leipzig, Roskilde, Vienna, or Wrocław can apply for an Erasmus+ grant for up to one year amounting to approx. €300 per month.
This grant can only be provided for the second year in the programme. The application for the grant should be addressed to the first year university.
The respective first year local coordinator will provide further information.
For information, pleasesee:
(This information applies only for students studying in Leipzig for their first year.)